Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Saturday 31 March 2012

DT for Fat Pages...

 Today's post is the DT design that I made for fat pages I hope that you will join in the challenge with us this week - the name of the image that I chose to use was 'godshill' from delicious doodle and I love it - I have always been fascinated with bonsai trees and how remarkable they look when they are all twisty and small!
So for this image I chose to colour it using my new promarkers - I used the colour sets nature and fur (the fur ones were purchased because they have sold out of hair!) I started with the trunk and the branches of the tree, just using the one pro-markers and adding more colour to where the knots in the bark were. I then used 3 greens to colour the leave starting with the lightest shade and adding deeper colour last.
Once I had completed this I trimmed the image down inked the edges, mounted on to white card and then again on turquoise. 
On the white card blank I added a square teal and turquoise DSP that I have had in my stash for about 3 years, I then added a piece of the new sale-a-bration DSP that I have fallen in love with... It is perfect for Springtime with the bright colours included and I have to say it compliments so well with so many elements of this card! 
Down the right hand side of the page I added tags of ribbon that I stapled into place and to the left hand side I attached the image and a sentiment - In the bottom right I added 3 card candi...
I am going to enter this into the following challenges - 
Prairie Fairy Friday - spring fling
Patties Creations - anything goes 
Sentimental Sundays - Spring or Easter
Simon Says - anything goes 
Art Impression Stamps -  spring has sprung


I hope you like my page and thanks for looking!
Debbi x 



12 comments:

  1. Love the image hun xx
    Brilliant colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project, debbi Bonsai trees are fascinating aren't they? Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the Desmet Designs challenge - good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbi just love this one, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and colouring xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous card hun, sorry I am a little late with my comment, thanks for joining in with the Desmet Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so nice! Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge…

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is lovely chick - the colours are fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely ..thank you for joining us at Art Impressions this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation....love your bonsai tree....thanks for joining FFF's challenge Spring Fling!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x