Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

distressing - challenge 10

I love distressing and nearly always add some for of it on my cards whether it be by ripping, filing or using colour! So I found this challenge right up my street...
I decided to use my new hostess set which I can tell will be a firm favourite with me so simple to use buut very effective and even if it is not perfect the effect is very striking! for me that works well ;-)
I used a whisper white card blank for this card and added strips of certainly celery and rose red card stock to the card the card and the panels all had distressed edges. I then stamped the image in basic black and the the two step stamping bit of the image was done in certainly celery, rose red and pretty in pink. To add the colour to the stamp I used markers as the image to be stamped was quite small. I then daubed the edges of the panel and distressed them with my cutting tool. I off set the image on the card blank and stamped the sentiment into the right hand side of the card. I added three pearls to the left hand side of the card I think that they look very effective. I have included a close up picture of the distressed edges to the card.
I hope you like my card and thanks for looking! Debbi x

3 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card. Love the stamped flowers and the layout is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Debbi.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning huni love those flowers and your distressing looks beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x