Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

The Holidays are Coming...

I have spent the last couple of days working on an advent calender for my boys... A couple of years ago (YES YEARS!) I purchased one of the ready made boxes that you just have to decorate to be used as an advent calender and decided this week was the year that it would be used! I decided to use on of the Stampin Up scrap book kits - this particular one has retired but they have replaced it with one just as good - these kits are great as you receive so many products in them you are able to scrap book and make cards to co-ordinate. In the kits you get DSP, card stock and stickers to decorate your projects with...
I first covered the outside of the box, I then removed all the boxes and added strips of DSP to the shelves that they sit on. Once I had completed this I then covered the front of the boxes - I cut the pieces to size and then stamped them in green and red with the three snowflake stamp from Serene Snowflakes. Once I had completed this I then decorated the back of the box with some of the accents found in the kit including a couple of borders and on with the date... I have to say I am very proud of myself - 3 years to make an advent calender! and I finally finished it lol (on to the next one now!)
I hope you like my finished project and thanks for looking - Debbi x x x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x